The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependant adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in insuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
- If a client discloses that they have a communicable disease, in which another individual may have been exposed, then I will take what steps are necessary to ensure that individual receives the information to pursue appropriate care.
- If subpoenaed, I will comply with the instructions of the judge, I will request the client fill out a request of disclosure of confidentiality agreement.